"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Wednesday, April 14, 2021

***God's Will Be Done

        Hearing the Lord speaking to me in my heart gives me great joy. Yesterday I was very happy because the Lord gave me quite a number of thoughts to blog. As I was walking outside this morning again, I thought it'd be nice to hear more thoughts from him again. Then instantly I realized that I was expressing my wish and it may not be his. What I read in yesterday's Gospel reading from John 3 came to my mind. Explaining how one is born of the Spirit to Nicodemus, Jesus said to him, "The wind blows where it wills, and you can hear the sound it makes, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes, so it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit." So it happens as the Spirit wills. The Lord may wish to give me a hundred thoughts or zero thought according to his will. The joy coming from the Holy Spirit I can never anticipate either. God is free to do whatever whenever he wishes. We may ask humbly for favors, but not wish foolishly for any.

No comments:

Post a Comment