"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Saturday, April 17, 2021

**Are Funerals Necessary?

        Royal Prince Philip of Britain recently passed away and many people enjoyed watching his funeral accompanied by the usual pomp and circumstance. Here are my honest thoughts about any funeral. If I die and go to heaven, I wouldn't care much about whether I get a funeral or not. The most good it can do is to shorten my stay in purgatory. A big funeral is always a waste of time and money. One the other hand, if I were not heaven bound, a funeral would be an utter waste of time and money. But since you don't know, you may want to offer a Mass for me. Anyway, funerals are mostly held for the living to witness. To want to have a showy funeral for yourself is definitely being foolish and vain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment