"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Wednesday, April 14, 2021

*****God's Transforming Power (Great News)

        Today's first reading came from Acts 5. Let me quote the first two verses, 17 and 18: "The high priest rose up and all his companions, that is, the party of the Sadducees, and, filled with jealousy, laid hands upon the Apostles and put them in the public jail." As I read, I stopped at the word "jealousy" because it seemed to be somewhat a strange word. Then I realized that it was because I hadn't felt jealousy for quite some time now. A chain of realizations ensued. The Lord has changed me. He has taken away all the sinful feelings offensive to him. That's why I feel so much peace in my heart. He has fundamentally transformed me! God is truly amazing! Yes, he can make any one of us anew if you would cooperate with him. I want the whole world to know him so that everyone may experience freedom, peace, and joy. This is no fantasy, it's the almighty, loving God woking!

No comments:

Post a Comment