"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Thursday, April 22, 2021

***Abandonment to God Only Choice*

         Some people such as St. Thérèse of Lisieux fell in love with God when they were still children, while many others can't bring themselves to believe in God at a ripe old age. Were we born differently? We have Judas Iscariot who was with Jesus like the other Apostles, yet he became a traitor, while the others went on to become martyrs and/or saints. This is a mystery I honestly do not understand. As I pray for some of my loved ones, I face the same dilemma. So what am I to do? The only conclusion I can come to is that I must hand all the ones I pray for completely over to God. I do my part, but they are completely under his care now. The general conclusion is that I must abandon myself to the Lord in all things. I know that the Lord desires that we do not worry or be anxious about anything; this is to show that we have faith in him. Let us abandon ourselves to the Lord to become free in him.

No comments:

Post a Comment