"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Monday, February 8, 2021

*A Lesson Learned (& First Things First)

         I walk daily from the house to the street and back three times, just enough time to pray five decades of the Rosary. I walk briskly to help the heart. This morning as I was walking and looking sideways for something, I unexpectedly stepped on the edge of the asphalt road, tripped, fell forward and hit the pavement. The impact knocked the frame of my glasses out of shape. I was all right after sitting and resting on the ground for a couple of minutes. I have been falling yearly these past few years. I know that a fall can be detrimental to old folks like me. I am blessed that the Lord has given me strong bones. The lesson learned: no matter how much precaution we take, accidents can still happen. We must not only be careful, we must be extra, extra careful. Here I am only concerned about our physical wellbeing. What about our soul which is infinitely more important than the body? Good thing is that you only need to believe in the Lord and he will take care of our soul completely forever! Do this first before trying not to fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment