"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Please God Always

        The Saturday morning Mass I attend starts half an hour later than the weekday morning Masses.  This morning I somehow miscalculated; I thought I had time for breadfast before Mass and took a bite of a well-ripened banana before realizing that I would be taking Communion in less than an hour.  Since the present rule is to fast for at least an hour before receiving Communion, I skipped Communion at Mass.  It was a sacrifice as I longed to receive the Lord; then I realized that by offering it up to God, he'd be equally pleased.  I now see that whether we get what we want or not is not necessarily more important than how we deal with the situation.  We can please God under any circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment