"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Another "Revelation"

        A disclaimer first.  When I use the word "revelation," it does not mean that I hear or receive something directly from God ~ I simply realize something clearly in my mind, although I do believe that it's the Holy Spirit continuing teaching me.  This can happen to anyone receptive to the Spirit. 
        As I was trying to fall asleep last night, this was what I suddenly realized.  We should believe in God, trust in him, be open to him, etc. ~ I already knew all that. Then if I become one with him, I no longer have to be concerned about these requirements anymore because they will be automatically met!!!  Therefore, aiming for union with God is the way to go. 
        As I have mentioned before, the greatest (and indispensable) help in this process is the Holy Eucharist.  Jesus instituted this Sacrament not just to remind us of him, but to give us the means to achieve true union with him.  It is the bread from heaven, the Lord himself.  Anyone who receives it lightly is a fool and anyone who does not believe in it blasphemes.  Being the source of all grace, it is the way to total union with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment