"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Thursday, November 16, 2023

****See Life Clearly

        I drove to Mass this morning. To get on the main road, I stopped before making the left turn to be sure that there were no oncoming cars as the view was blocked by a high point in the road. When I thought it was clear and started turning, a fast dark car with headlights off showed up over the high point. If it had gone any faster and I reacted slower, we could've had a close encounter. So we really have to be alert and careful when we drive. I know many people prefer to drive a heavier vehicle for security reasons. And when driving on a multi-lane road, many don't use the center lanes to avoid a possible head-on collision. We all want to make sure that our lives on earth are safe. Then I thought how infinitely more important our afterlife is! So be wise and farsighted. Life on earth is just our temporary beginning; eternal life is what we really need to focus upon! Being myopic is not always better than being blind.

No comments:

Post a Comment