In today's First Reading from 1 Corinthians 2, Paul writes, "When I came to you, brothers and sisters, proclaiming the mystery of God, I did not come with sublimity of words or of wisdom. For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ, and him crucified." That last sentence impressed me. Jesus is truly the only one we need to know. He is our Lord, our God, and should be No. 1 in our lives. I really would like to be able to shout from the highest point on earth to let the whole world know that Jesus Christ is our God and Savior, who loves us with the greatest possible love and wishes to lead all of us back to heaven to be with him for all eternity. Yet, when I tell others about him with love and zeal, I am often seen to have lost my mind. They think that there should be a balance between believing in God and living one's own life. If I get too excited about Christ, then I have gone overboard. This is understandable. Encountering such misunderstanding makes me want to spread this good news even more!
No comments:
Post a Comment