"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Friday, May 26, 2023

***Love 'Calls for Response

        In today's Gospel reading from John 21, Jesus revealed himself to his disciples and ate breakfast with them. He asked Simon Peter, "Simon, son of John, do you love me?" Simon Peter answered him, "Yes, Lord, you know that I love you." Jesus said to him, "Feed my lambs." He then asked Simon Peter the same question a second time. Simon Peter gave him the same answer as before. He said to him, "Tend my sheep." He now asked him the same question a third time and Peter again affirmed his love for him. Jesus said to him, "Feed my sheep." What I see here is that the more we love God, the more we are called to serve him. This is the process that leads to total trust and abandonment in God.

No comments:

Post a Comment