"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Monday, May 15, 2023

****A Small Prayer Answered*

         I use drip lines to irrigate my plants. I had noticed that the lines that irrigated the trees had been dripping water continuously even when that zone wasn't turned on. The valve that controlled that zone must have been clogged or its diaphragm seal had worn out. To solve the problem meant digging underground to locate that valve, checking it out, and most likely ordering a replacement. All this would take much work and time, and in the mean time I wouldn't be able to water the trees in this hot 90+ deg F weather. So after praying for the world, the Church, my own country, the souls in purgatory, my family and friends, and myself at the end of each morning Mass, I tacked on this little prayer asking the Lord to help me solve this water problem. Today my son's regular gardener showed up to whack and pull some weeds for me and I asked him to take a look at the valves. He dug up all the dirt around them and started to hear a faint hiss, indicating that water was indeed seeping through the valve. He dug some more until we could see all the valves and the pipe connections below. All of a sudden the hissing sound stopped. We checked the drip lines and sure enough, water had stopped dripping from the holes along the lines! We had no idea how it had happened. There might be a logical explanation to it, but I didn't care. All I knew was that God definitely had something to do with it. That my prayer was answered was all that mattered. Once again, I thank the Lord from the bottom of my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment