"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Monday, June 1, 2020

***Make God Real to You***

        I finally understood. The Lord God created us, loves us, and knows all about us. The only way for us finite beings to know him, understand him, and appreciate him is to let him draw us deep into him, for on our own we are powerless to enter him. When you abandon yourself entirely to him, you enter a universe in union with him and begin your eternal life. Today June 1 is Memorial of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of the Church. The Gospel reading for today's Mass came from John 19.25-34. From the cross, Jesus gave his own mother to John the Apostle to be his mother. Shortly afterwards in verse 30, Jesus said, "It is finished." Bowing his head, he handed over the spirit. As soon as I finished reading this verse, the Holy Spirit hit me with a joy so powerful I felt as if lightning had struck me! How comforting to know that I am his now.

No comments:

Post a Comment