"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Wednesday, June 24, 2020

***Feeling Deep Sorrow

        This morning around 2 a.m., I suddenly dreamt of my mother who passed away decades ago. I felt deep sorrow for her and started to sob and moan aloud. I won't go into details. Let me just say that she was a beautiful person, but was not treated kindly by other unloving family members. She suffered greatly both emotionally and physically her whole life. Before she died, she had surgery four times in a row. I was away and wasn't able to help her much except for telling her to believe in Christ. One consolation was that she started attending a Christian church before she left the world. Still asleep, I heard Lord's Sermon on the Mount, blessing all the good people, and I knew that he would have mercy on her soul. Experiencing such deep sorrow made me see why we have a merciful God. After I woke up, I felt sorrow again. But this time it's for all those in the world, many of whom are either rich, powerful, and famous or plain ignorant, now unknowingly serving Satan. After they leave this world, they are going to encounter the greatest shock of their existence. Then it'll be too late to realize that God is real and loved them.

No comments:

Post a Comment