"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Monday, June 29, 2020

***Longing for God Invariably Fulfilled

        Two verses from today's reading 2 from 2 Timothy 4 spoke to me. Verse 8: "From now on the crown of righteousness awaits me, which the Lord, the just judge, will award to me on that day, and not only to me, but to all who have longed for his appearance." Do you long for the Lord? If you do, know that the Holy Spirit dwells within you. Such longing is a desire and a prayer the Lord will invariably fulfill. Seeing the Lord is the best reward we can possibly receive. If he will bestow other honors upon us, that'll be just the icing on the cake.
        Verse 18: "The Lord will rescue me from every evil threat and will bring me safe to his heavenly Kingdom." Amen. This confirms what I posted in my last blog: Follow Jesus and you'll have eternal life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment