"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Sunday, June 28, 2020

***Challenged to the Core!***

         In today's Gospel reading from Matthew 10, Jesus said to his Apostles: "Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me, and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me; and whoever does not take up his cross and follow after me is not worthy of me. Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it." We might react, "Who does he think he is?" Here, Jesus challenges us to the core! We are cornered! Dismiss him and you fail the test right off the bat. Accept what he says and you are set free because you are now attached to him alone! Wow, this is absolutely awful or awesome, depending upon your disposition. We are compelled to see him as a mad man or true God. Personally, I love a God who challenges me to follow him, not any god who leaves me alone. Jesus, you are truly my Lord and my God. May you be adored and praised forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment