"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Correcting Old Habits

        I mentioned before that I used to love staying up late at night and getting up late the next morning.  Even though I never felt very good in the morning, no matter how many hours I slept the night before because of this habit, I was not able to change it until I started attending daily Mass.  Nowadays, I get up not long after 5 a.m. and go to bed around 10 p.m. and feel great all day.  
        Looking back, I see that the reason I had trouble going to bed early before was because I was not able to let things go.  Whatever I was doing late at night, I wanted to get it done or continue as much as I could, not willing to stop or give it up ~ this was definitely attachment to things of the world.  There is no such thing as finishing doing all the things of this life.  I was not putting doing God's will at the head of the list.  In fact, doing God's will should be the only thing on the list.  I am glad that hindsight is 20/20.

No comments:

Post a Comment