"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Monday, March 7, 2011

Taking Refuge in God

        Every time I see my own faults, weaknesses, and imperfections, I look at Jesus and see a more perfect Lord.  
        Too many times when our hearts are troubled, we try to resolve the problem on our own.  I hear people say that it's not a big thing and I don't want to bother God.  Could this be just a pretense put up to hide the unwillingness to get God involved?  I now see that if I profess to trust in God, I must include him in everything I do and at all levels.  In fact, anytime my heart is troubled, the first thing I should do is to run to him without hesitation, asking for understanding, guidance, and healing.  Dwelling on the trouble by myself still shows the presence of pride.  I see a great example in Jesus going through the agony in the garden, at the same time praying to the Father.  May God free us completely.                 

No comments:

Post a Comment