"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Friday, March 11, 2011

Jesus Makes Loving Meaningful

        Leo Buscaglia is well know for his talks on living, loving, and learning on Public Broadcasting Service.  A lot of his sayings are quite beautiful, but it just strikes me that any talk about love without ever mentioning God sounds somehow empty.  True you can  be a great humanist and know that to love is the way to go, but how long can you keep that up?  Do you love in order to feel good about yourself?  I also tried self-hypnotism to make myself feel happy ~ the effect never lasted long.  I also practiced being aggressive in dealing with others, believing that I would get my way.  Some people practice the power of positive thinking.  To put it bluntly, believing that you can do it without God is basically fooling yourself.   
        Then Jesus came along and showed us the way to live.  He gave us purpose in loving and we finally understood.  There is now a greater power than us to inspire us and a perfect example for us to follow.  Jesus has come and made loving meaningful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment