"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Sunday, January 14, 2024

***God Is Good***

         Today is a happy day for me. Twenty-nine days ago on a Monday, I woke up with a knee pain, making it difficult for me to walk. So I stayed home and rested. Five days later, I started coughing a little. That's how my COVID started a year and a half ago. So I tested myself the next day and the result was positive, although there's no fever this time. That meant isolating myself again. After I finished my medication, the test turned negative. I didn't go back to attending daily Mass as my coughing hadn't quite gone away, though my knee happily no longer hurt. Then last Wednesday, I woke up and noticed that my right eye vision was all blurry. I saw an ophthalmologist the next day and she found that the blood pressure in the eye was dangerously high that any time a blood vessel could burst and cause permanent damage to the vision. (I believe that this was COVID-caused as I learned that this had also happened to a friend of my younger son.) So the doctor prescribed three new eye drops in addition to the one I'd already been using. I'll have the pressure checked again next Tuesday and believe that I'll be all right again. Today I felt good enough to attend Sunday Mass. Imagine the joy of receiving the Eucharist again! I'll be forever grateful to the Lord.  

No comments:

Post a Comment