"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Tuesday, January 2, 2024

***Beautiful Way to Start Off the New Year

        (Even though I've gotten over my COVID, I still have a lingering cough and that's been keeping me from attending Mass. I truly miss receiving the Lord.) In today's reading from 1 John 2, the Apostle wrote "Anyone who denies the Son does not have the Father, but whoever confesses the Son has the Father as well." Since God the Father has revealed his Son to us, we must now accept them both. For they are one. And we might as well include the Holy Spirit, since our God is the Most Holy Trinity. When we remain in the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, we are promised eternal life, becoming inseparable from our God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment