"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Tuesday, January 16, 2024

***A Mystical Experience***

        I left my clock radio on playing classical music softly when I went to bed last night. At about 2 a.m. this morning, I woke up and heard the music playing. Then I had a vivid dream. Normally, you don't dream when you are more or less awake. But dream I did, for I don't know how else to call it. In this dream I saw a life-size carved wooden statue of Christ's head and his upper torso on the cross. The only thing unusual about it was that he had a thick greenish vest-like garment with no buttons down the front on him. A maintenance man showed up who I thought was going to clean the statue. Instead I saw him pull out a tool and start to cut off part of the garment that rested on the Lord's right shoulder. I was shocked and immediately yelled at him "What are you doing to my Jesus?" twice. I woke up fully and knew that Christ was now fully mine, and whoever hurt him would hurt me too! I felt he's closer to me more than ever and experienced a new deep profound joy. Once more, I won't be the same again.

No comments:

Post a Comment