"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Wednesday, January 25, 2023

**Soul over Body*

        Communion experience. I see that my soul dwells in my body only temporarily. One day it will leave the body, discarding it altogether. From the numerous near-death experience stories, we learn that after a person's soul leaves the body, all the senses amazingly become even more vivid. So don't get hung up on your body too much, for the soul is infinitely more important. Saying "Happy Eternal Life" would be more meaningful than saying "Good Health" to anyone. (The only thing is that people might think you want them to die when they hear you wish them HEL, whereas GH clearly means "Don't die yet.")  Anyway, when I receive the Lord in the Holy Eucharist, I know that my soul now belongs to him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment