"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Wednesday, January 18, 2023

**Money as a Burden

        Money can be a great burden in life. I still remember way back after I got out of college, I finally found a job. I was happy, even though the pay was not very good. I was single and rented a room in a house, sharing the kitchen and the bathroom with others. As a new convert to Catholicism, I was filled with joy. I decided to support two overseas children thru a charity and freely donated to other causes too. Saving money for the future never entered my mind, and I truly was carefree and free. After I got married and started having kids, giving away money became less free. Anytime you work hard and earn more money, money just becomes more precious to you. The point is that money can weigh us down. And we should give away for the glory of God as much as possible under the circumstances. Happy is truly the one who is free to give away whatever amount he wishes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment