"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Thursday, January 5, 2023

**Joy of Knowing That Jesus Knows Me

        In today's Gospel reading from John 1, Philip found Nathanael and told him that he had found the one about whom Moses wrote in the law, and also the prophets, Jesus, son of Joseph from Nazareth; and brought him to see Jesus. Jesus saw Nathanael coming toward him and said of him, "Here is a true child of Israel. There is no duplicity in him." Nathanael said to him, "How do you know me?" Jesus answered, "Before Philip called you, I saw you under the fig tree." Nathanael believed and said, "Rabbi, you are the Son of God; you are the King of Israel." The Lord knows everything about anyone and I feel the great joy of knowing that he knows everything about me. So I believe in him and he looks after and takes complete care of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment