"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Wednesday, October 19, 2022

***Get God Right

         We may know Christ but still misconceive him. I at one time thought that he might forbid me to ever consider buying a new car or that he would want me to go to Africa to serve him as a missionary or that he's going to punish me for having committed a very minor sin. There are many other such instances. Now that I've known the Lord well enough, I can say unequivocally that such fears I'd had were all self-generated. God is ever so gentle that he'd never force anything on us, for he respects our free will. Besides, he knows us thoroughly and will only lead us to things that suit us at the right time. The notion that God somehow is going to control us is totally false and unfounded. Get to know the Lord first and you'll see that he only wants to free us from sin and us to be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment