"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Friday, October 7, 2022

****Christ's Passion*

        Today is Memorial of Our Lady of the Rosary. I prayed the Sorrowful Mysteries for Friday. Christ went through his agony in the garden, was scourged and crowned with thorns, made to carry his own cross all the way to Calvary, and got crucified there. I have the 382-page book The Dolorous Passion of Our Lord Jesus Christ from the meditations of Anne Catherine Emmerich. Since I love the Lord, I'd like to read the book to find out more about what he underwent; but at the same time I put off reading it for fear that I wouldn't be able to bear learning all about his sufferings in detail. If I go through what Christ had gone thru, I wouldn't last a minute. Anyway, the important thing is that the Lord knows that I love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment