"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Sunday, January 23, 2022

***Freedom from Knowing Christ

        If you do not know Jesus well, you simply live for the world. You seek pleasure and find enjoyment in food, music, art, collecting objects, various hobbies, leisure time, your environment, etc. When someone dear to you passes away, you look back and go over old memories trying to find some answer. In sum, people dwell upon the present life or reminisce. I treasure the freedom that comes from knowing Christ. I am now free from the world and the past and know exactly where I am going. This makes all the difference to one's outlook and disposition. I no longer need to struggle to figure out what I should do to find happiness in this life, and the past is no longer relevant. I am still in the world, but I have a comprehensive overall understanding of it and beyond. Thanks to Christ, I am no longer bonded to this world and this life.

No comments:

Post a Comment