"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Wednesday, January 26, 2022

**Be Mary First

        In Luke 10, we read that a woman whose name was Martha welcomed Jesus. She had a sister named Mary who sat beside the Lord at his feel listening to him speak. Martha, burdened with much serving, came to him and said, "Lord, do you not care that my sister has left me by myself to do the serving? Tell her to help me." The Lord said to her in reply, "Martha, Martha, you are anxious and worried about many things. There is need of only one thing. Many has chosen the better part and it will not be taken from her." We have to be Martha sometimes and Mary at other times, but we must be Mary first always. When we are Martha, we must be a Martha who does not get anxious nor worry about things. In my own case, prayers, blogging, and other spiritual works must take priority over all other necessary tasks. And I can certainly do all things in Jesus' name and for his sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment