"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Thursday, August 29, 2019

*How God Blessed Us

        On August 20, I posted "God's Surprise Response." Here it is in a shortened version.
         "Recently my wife underwent kidney stone surgery. She had a stent placed in her ureter to prevent any blockage of the urine flow. Five days later, she lost urinary control completely and developed a high fever accompanied by shaking chills. I rushed her to emergency and she was diagnosed with severe sepsis attributed to an infection. After 3 days, the illness was brought under control, but the stent was to remain in her for another 10-14 days. When a nurse's aid came to prepare her for discharge from the hospital, she discovered the string that's attached to the stent. Ignorant of what it was, she started pulling on it and the stent started coming out. Of course, the hospital staff were all alarmed, but the doctors had no choice but to have it pulled out completely. Unexpectedly, after it came out my wife instantly regained her urinary control. With temperature close to normal and continuing taking her antibiotic, she should be fine soon. I wouldn't be surprised if the stent had caused the infection in the first place. Anyhow, it seemed that the Lord allowed this mistake to happen and turned it into a blessing. A most pleasant surprise."
        Why do I repost this again? Well, I found out from my wife this morning that the name of the nurse's aid was Blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment