"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Friday, July 12, 2019

*When Can You Die?

        Today's first reading at Mass was taken from Genesis 46. Joseph hitched the horses to his chariot and rode to meet his father Israel in Goshen. As soon as Joseph saw him, he flung himself on his neck and wept a long time in his arms. And Israel said to Joseph, "At last I can die, now that I have seen for myself that Joseph is still alive." I recall that when Simeon saw the child Jesus brought in to the temple for presentation, he took him into his arms and blessed God, saying: "Now, Master, you may let your servant go in peace, according to your word, for my eyes have seen your salvation." So when will you be ready to leave this world? For those who have abandoned themselves to Christ, the Lord already knows that they are ready to go to him anytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment