"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Friday, July 19, 2019

Fools Don't Want to Die

        To hold onto this life is like holding onto a sinking ship. It's only a matter of time that you are going to sink and hopefully not drown. I can talk like this because I am old enough to know that I can go anytime. The wise one does not cling to his own life, for he has made arrangement with the Lord already and is ready to move on whenever he calls. How foolish it is to attach yourself to anything that perishes in time! Let Christ free you from all bondage now. 

2 comments:

  1. Perfectly stated. A few years ago I had a serious accident that caused me to go into ER and ICU for a serious brain/head injury. The thought of dying occurred to me as I was bleeding profusely. It was my faith in God that gave me great comfort and the graces needed to accept whatever came with peace. I experienced real deep peace in that moment; the fear of death was gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not see your comment until today. Usually, I get notified by an email, but not this time. I hope you have completely recovered by now. I am happy that you no longer fear death. More blessings to you.

      Delete