"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Monday, January 2, 2017

*Get Baptized by the Holy Spirit!

        You may wish to read my post "Be Einstein as Christians" of Dec. 31 again, for a key thought slipped my mind when I posted it. It has now been revised.
       When I was actively involved in the Catholic Charismatic Renewal movement in the 1970s, I underwent baptism by the Holy Spirit in my prayer group and it changed my life. The presence and power of the Spirit became palpable. I now recall that in all three synoptic Gospels, John the Baptist when he was preaching, proclaimed to the people, "I am baptizing you with water, but one mightier than I is coming. I am not worthy to loosen the thongs of his sandals. He will baptize you with the holy Spirit and fire." So if you want the Holy Spirit to set your heart ablaze, why not ask Jesus directly to baptize you with the holy Spirit and fire? Ask straight from your heart and wait for beautiful things to happen! (It would be wonderful to hear your personal experiences. Feel free to share them as comments.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment