"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Thursday, January 5, 2017

*Let God Transform Us

        I remember in my youth, I rode with a friend in his British racing green MGB sports car. What impressed me more than the car was the manner in which he drove it. I had expected any sports car driver to push the vehicle hard, test its road-hugging capability, and enjoy the swift rush through the open air. But somehow my friend went the opposite way: he was polite at every turn, never revved the engine for speed, and made my ride silky smooth. He actually became a perfect English gentleman! This effect of the car on him has remained with me to this day. It gets me thinking that if we are clothed with Christ, we should also let the Lord transform us into his perfect disciples, showing love, humility, and more. If we are willing, certainly the power of the Lord can be greater than that of any car.

No comments:

Post a Comment