"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

My New Year's Resolution

            It is officially 2013...a little closer to Jesus' Second Coming. Will the world ever be ready for it? I just hope that the answer is not a no.
        My resolution for the New Year is let Jesus continue to work on me. Due to decades of living basically a self-centered life, to be thoroughly cleansed of all the residuals of old ways, habits, conditioned responses, etc. takes time. For example, when someone needs the Lord's help and asks me to pray for him or her, I would gladly oblige. Even though I sincerely hope that the prayer will be answered for the sake of the one who requests it, I also detect the thought that I so hope so that the person may think that I am close to God. This realization "horrifies" me, because once I start praying, how effective I am should not be of my concern anymore. Checking just to see how many more people have looked at my blog is another example. If I truly leave all matters in God's hands, then that number should not be of my concern either.    
           It comes down to trusting in the Lord by focusing upon him alone and forgetting totally about oneself. Only such trust leads to complete freedom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment