"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Saturday, January 12, 2013

For God Alone

        The Gospel reading at Mass this morning came from John 3. Both John the Baptist and Jesus were baptizing at different locations and John was informed that everyone was going to Jesus. John answered, "I said that I am not the Christ, but that I was sent before him. The one who has the bride is the bridegroom; the best man, who stands and listens for him, rejoices greatly at the bridegroom's voice. So this joy of mine has been made complete. He must increase; I must decrease." What I learn here is that I must rejoice, never feel jealous, if God is being served and glorified by others. How gratifying it would be if everyone else loves God more than I do! One who truly loves God does not know jealousy.

No comments:

Post a Comment