"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Friday, January 25, 2013

Everything We Do Affects God

        Today is the Feast of the Conversion of St. Paul, Apostle. As you know, Paul was zealously persecuting the Christians, binding and delivering them to prison. Then on his journey to Damascus to round up even more Christians for punishment, a great light from the sky suddenly shone around him. He fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to him, "Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me?" Paul replied, "Who are you, sir?" And the voice said, "I am Jesus the Nazorean whom you are persecuting." We see that Jesus did not ask "Why are you persecuting my Church?" or "Why are you persecuting my followers?" Instead, he asked, "Why are you persecuting me?" 
        What I learn here is that everything we do affects the Lord himself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment