"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Doing God's Will

      Today is the Memorial of St. Francis de Sales, Bishop and Doctor of the Church. First part of the Responsorial Psalm (#40) reads: 
        
        Sacrifice or oblation you wished not,
        but ears open to your obedience you gave me.
        Burnt offerings or sin-offerings you sought not; 
        then said I, "Behold, I come."

The Response reads: Here am I, Lord; I come to do your will.
      I do see that to do the Lord's will does not mean that I do not ask for anything for myself anymore. He may even want me to sacrifice in a certain way or offer him certain things. Doing his will simply covers (governs) how I am going to live, pray, and serve him. In short, doing the Lord's will is to do only what he tells me to do, and that could be anything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment