"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Thursday, June 21, 2012

God Awaits Us

        Two days ago, I mentioned the passing away of a church friend. This morning a group of her friends gathered after morning Mass to recite the Chaplet of Divine Mercy for her. The reading of John 14:1-6, part of the Last Supper discourses, after the recitation of the third decade of the Chaplet was in particular fitting for the occasion. Here are these six verses beautiful at all times.
        "Do not let your hearts be troubled. You have faith in God; have faith also in me. In my Father's house there are many dwelling places. If there were not, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back again and take you to myself, so that where I am you also may be. Where I am going you know the way." Thomas said to him, "Master, we do not know where you are going; how can we know the way?" Jesus said to him, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." 
        Old folks are just waiting for God to take them. It's a great comfort to know that God is waiting for us at the other end too, ready with our new dwelling places he has prepared for us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment