"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Friday, July 15, 2011

No Time to Lose

        I am feeling the urgency of serving God in this life.  The time of a life is short or in many cases, really short.  Whatever you sow in this life affects what you reap in the next.  The condition of the present world definitely adds to the urgency.  There are still things I do, such as reading certain magazines, that are not harmful spiritually; but nevertheless, use up time that might be better spent in prayer or serving the Lord.   
        I had a dream last night.  I had a kit of some sort of electronic parts to assemble.  The many parts were contained in a box of decent size.  I was anxious to build the assembly, so I walked into a room, started to take the parts out of the box to spread on a table.  Then soon many others came and started doing the same thing, each with his own kind of kit.  Before I realized, the parts from the other kits had joined mine on the table and some parts, in fact, had fallen off the table.  Right then, I knew that it wouldn't be possible to complete my assembly anymore because I didn't even know what parts were mine and whether some had already fallen off the table ~ I (and the others in the room) had all wasted time on our unprofitable undertakings.  This dream confirms my feeling of urgency.   

No comments:

Post a Comment