"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Holy Eucharist Is Real Flesh

        Today's Gospel reading was from John 8.  Jesus declared to the crowds: "I am the bread of life.  Your ancestors ate the manna in the desert, but they died; this is the bread that comes down from heaven so that one may eat it and not die.  I am the living bread that came down from heaven; whoever eats this bread will live forever; and the bread that I will give is my Flesh for the life of the world.”  It cannot be clearer that the Holy Eucharist Jesus instituted is the real body and blood of himself. 
        Just before receiving him at Mass this morning, I asked the Lord to crush (the old) me so that I might be entirely at his disposal.

No comments:

Post a Comment