"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Saturday, July 10, 2010

How to Love God More

        I remember way back when I belonged to a different parish, one lady took one of her friends to Mass regularly, hoping to get her to return to the Church.  At one time I learned from this friend that no one was going to take her to the next Sunday Mass, I volunteered to drive her.  Later when the other lady found out about it, she was not happy because she thought I was trying to snatch her "catch" from her.  Another lady was in charge of buying books for the parish library.  When I told the pastor that I knew of some good books, he asked me to buy them.  Again, the lady in charge found out and was upset, because she felt that I had done something she alone was supposed to do.  Another example in the same category ~  someone heading a certain parish ministry wants to control everything.  
        It's easy to forget that we are supposed to serve God and not ourselves.  Wouldn't it be great if each one of us wishes that everyone else will love God a thousand times more than we love God?   

No comments:

Post a Comment