"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Monday, July 19, 2010

Dependence upon God

        This morning on my way to Mass, I came to sense my total dependence upon God.  If he does not sustain me by keeping my heart beating and my lungs pumping, I would be dead right now.  Everything I depend upon for my living, health, enjoyment, intellectual and spiritual growths ~ all come from God.  If he hadn't planted the thoughts I am expressing right now in my mind, I wouldn't have anything to enter today.  My eternal destiny depends upon the Lord.  This dependency is a fact, whether we are aware of it or not.  Believers, being little branches, receive further nourishment directly from Christ the vine.                  
        Once we realize the existence of this dependency, trust follows.  We now know that God is always there to support us, catch our fall, and keep us in his love without fail.      

No comments:

Post a Comment