"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Wednesday, August 21, 2024

**Be Happy and Big-Hearted

        Today's Gospel reading was the Parable of the Workers of the Vineyard. At the end of the day, the landowner paid all the workers the same daily wage, irrespective of how many hours they had worked. Obviously, this made those who were hired first or earlier unhappy. The owner said to to them, "My friend, I am not cheating you. Did you not agree with me for the usual daily wage? Take what is yours and go. What if I wish to give this last one the same as you? Or am I not free to do as I wish with my own money? Are you envious because I am generous?" Jesus added, "Thus, the last will be first, and the first will be last." My interpretation on this is that if we all get to heaven, be happy, for there's no point of minding that some had lived a more sinful life than you?

No comments:

Post a Comment