"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Saturday, March 2, 2024

*****God's Selfless Love*****

         Today's Gospel reading from Luke 15 gives us the parable of the lost son, to many the most beautiful and moving of all Jesus' parables. When the older son found out that the father was celebrating the return of his lost brother with a feast, he got jealous and angry. He said to his father, "Look, all these years I served you and not once did I disobey your orders; yet you never gave me even a young goat to feast on with my friends. But when your son returns who swallowed up your property with prostitutes, for him you slaughter the fattened calf." He said to him, "My son, you are here with me always; everything I have is yours. But now we must celebrate and rejoice, because your brother was dead and has come to life again; he was lost and has been found."
        You can learn so much about God's love for us 
from this parable, but let me jusy share this thought. If we know that the Father loves us, we have already received the maximum reward and should be so happy that he should love all others. To know God's love is to become completely selfless!

No comments:

Post a Comment