"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Monday, February 6, 2023

**Sin Likened to Physical Injury

        Yesterday I couldn't find my house key after searching for it for quite a while, so I thought it might have accidentally fallen into the kitchen garbage. I started to look through it and got my right hand middle finger tip cut by the sharp edge of a metal can top that had been discarded. It wasn't a deep cut, but it did bleed quite a bit and disabled the use of that finger. Until it's healed, I won't be able to wash dishes, exercise with weights, or playing the piano. Then I see that committing a sin is like cutting yourself like that—it disables you from getting into heaven. In order to be able to do all the physical work, we need to recover from the injury first. Likewise, to get into heaven, we must have our sin(s) removed first. Of course, it's best that we don't get ourselves injured physically and we don't sin at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment