"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Wednesday, December 7, 2022

**Welcome All God Wants to Give You

        In today's Gospel reading from Matthew 11, Jesus said to the crowds: “Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart; and you will find rest for yourselves. For my yoke is easy, and my burden light.” There is a big misunderstanding here even among Christians. They hesitate to take the Lord's yoke, thinking that it would be a heavy burden to them. We must believe in what Jesus has said here. He knows our individual capabilities and limitations and will only give us what suits us best. Believe me, the more you trust in him, the more he makes it easy for you. To be afraid of what God wants to give you can only come from Satan. Welcome all that comes from him in meekness and with humility and you become a "superman."

No comments:

Post a Comment