"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Friday, December 9, 2022

**Enjoying the World in Freedom

        Most popular songs are love songs. They are about romantic love, falling in love, etc. The tune is usually beautiful, but the lyrics can be sensual at times. God's pure love is on an entire different level. Once you have tasted his love, you'll feel differently about those songs. In fact, because they are not pure, they can pull you away from God. When I hear these songs, I marvel at how those composers came up with such catchy melodies and the writers, such clever lyrics. Now, they make nice background music while I wash dishes. Still enjoyable, they just don't have any hold on me anymore. I use this as an example to show that once you know God, you start enjoying the world in freedom, meaning that you are no longer attached to all things of the world. The Lord does set all those who seek him free.

No comments:

Post a Comment