"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Sunday, April 24, 2022

***Storing up Treasures in Heaven

        In today's Gospel reading from John 20, the resurrected Lord appeared to the disciples when Thomas was absent. Later after the disciples told Thomas that they had seen the Lord, Thomas said to them, "Unless I see the mark of the nails in his hands and put my finger into the nailmarks and put my hand into his side, I will not believe." A week later Jesus came again and this time Thomas was present. He said to Thomas, "Put you finger here and see my hands, and bring your hand and put it into my side, and do not be unbelieving, but believe." The Lord knows everything that's going on. This makes me happy, for I can do every little thing for his sake and he knows and will reward me for it. Little things add up to bigs things. This is how you can store up treasures in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment