"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Sunday, October 31, 2021

***God Easier to Know than Math

        When I studied math in graduate school, the class was often given difficult problems to solve as homework. One time we were give a theorem to prove. It was so hard that I spent a whole weekend working on it, racking my brain like never before. I finally got a brief glimpse of the solution and quickly wrote it down. I knew that if I didn't, it would flee me forever. Now, God is an infinitely more complex subject than math. Yet, if we open ourselves up to him, he reveals himself to us and we know and understand him effortlessly. Proving a difficult mathematical theorem can be most satisfying, but know God is a lot easier and a pure joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment