"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Friday, October 2, 2020

Knowing the Lord Intimately

          Today's Psalm reading comes from Psalm 139 of David. I'm amazed that the psalmist knew the Lord so intimately. I am reproducing the entire text below, for it's a joy to read.

          Lord, you have probed me and you know me; you know when I sit and when I stand; you understand my thoughts from afar. My journeys and my rest you scrutinize; with all my ways you are familiar. 

        Where can I go from your spirit? From your presence, where can I flee? If I ascend to the heavens, you are there; if I sink to the nether world, there you are.

         If I take the wings of dawn and dwell beyond the sea, even there your hand guides me, and your right hand holds me fast.

         You formed my inmost being; you knit me in my mother's womb. I praise you that I am wonderfully made; wonderful are your works. 

No comments:

Post a Comment